Found tis recipe on Pinterest and I have recently decided that I love coconut! I used to hate it, not I want it all the time! So add chocolate to that and you get this awesome cake! It is soooo good!
Chocolate Coconut Cream Cake
- 1 chocolate cake mix, plus all ingredients to make it
- 1 can (15 oz.) cream of coconut
- 1 can (14 oz.) condensed milk
- 1 container (8 oz.) cool whip
- 2 c. shredded coconut, divided
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- Follow cake mix instructions on box and pour into 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 28 minutes. Remove from oven and poke holes all over cake with a fork.
- Place can of cream of coconut into a pan of hot water for 5 minutes (this is so the cream will be easier to mix). In a bowl mix the coconut cream with sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour mixture over cake slowly, letting it soak into the holes. Let cool completely.
- Spread 1/2 cup of shredded coconut on a baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Frost cake with cool whip and top with remaining coconut. Sprinkle toasted coconut on top for a pop of color. Keep refrigerated.
Powered by Recipage