The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2000
My mom ALWAYS made this yummy stuff, but I always just thought it was OK, nothing to brag about. I made them last year for first time and thought, oh its yummy, but nothing great. I tried them one more time (they are so easy to make, why not?!). Maybe it's because I was massively pregnant (about 28 weeks) when I made them, but I LOVED them! I ate almost the whole batch over a 2 week period! My husband, on the other hand, hates them.
I took these to class once and everyone seemed to like them so just try them for yourself!
Lay your graham crackers like this. I just love my Pampered Chef Large Bar Pan!
Tempting Toffee Crisps
- 12 whole (5 x 2 1/2-inch) graham crackers
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter (use only REAL butter, NOT margarine!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup pecans (or almonds, walnuts, whatever you prefer), chopped
1. Preheat Oven to 350°. Arrange graham crackers side by side in a
single layer on a 15 x 9 1/2 pan.
2. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and vanilla. Cook
over medium heat, stirring occasionally until mixture comes to a full
boil across the surface. Continue boiling 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Remove saucepan from heat and immediately pour mixture evenly
4. Bake 10-12 minutes until bubbly and lightly browned.
5. Remove pan from oven and immediately sprinkle evenly with
chocolate chips; allow chocolate to soften (about 5 minutes) then
carefully spread over baked crackers.
6. Sprinkle nuts over chocolate while it's still soft. Cool completely and
refrigerate until chocolate is firm.
7. Break into uneven pieces and store lightly covered at room temperature.
(I stored mine in the freezer to make them last longer!)
Powered by Recipage