Thursday, January 10, 2013

Butterscotch Goo Bars


Be warned, these are AMAZING!! It was all I could do NOT to eat the whole pan! 
I was sitting around the other day and really wanting to bake something so I started looking on my new favorite blog: Shugary Sweets and found these! I happened to have some butterscotch chips leftover and my husband has been asking for something butterscotchy. 
 The original blogger titled them Butterscotch Marshmallow Bars but I wanted a more tempting name. Mine didn't turn out near as pretty as hers but trust me...they taste way better then they look! Try out these recipe for so oh soo gooey greatness!


Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup butterscotch chips
  • 2/3 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 cup mini marshmallows
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13×9 baking dish with parchment paper. Or spray with oil.
  2. In small bowl, melt butterscotch chips with butter in microwave, at 30 second increments, stirring between each time. Set aside.
  3. In large mixing bowl, add brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix in melted butterscotch chips, flour, baking powder and salt. Fold in marshmallows and chocolate chips. Pour batter into baking dish.
  4. Bake for 18-22 minutes. Cool, cut into squares. The recipe said to refrigerate for one hour but mine came out a little too gooey (like that's a bad thing...haha yeah right) so I just store mine in the refrigerator. They are incredible!!
  5. *Original Recipe*


No comments:

Post a Comment