Friday, January 27, 2012

Cream Cheese Pound Cake


    I have made my first pound cake! And it was awesome! I was so excited to make this because I haven't eaten pound cake in forever and....I got to use my brand new Kitchen Aid!!!!! 

    My husband has never been a big fan of pound cake, until now! This Cream Cheese Pound Cake is very rich and moist and easy to make.

     I originally found this recipe from a blog called Elizabeth's Edible Experience which was posted on Pinterest. I found out that she originally got it from Southern Living so that is the recipe I used. I have never had a bad experience with Southern Living recipes! Hope you enjoy making this, because I promise you will LOVE eating it!  

*(Please excuse my poor quality photos, I'm learning! I'm a baker not a photographer.)*

    


Cream Cheese Pound Cake

by Kelly Brown
Cook Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, softened
  • 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 3 cups granulated sugar
  • 6 large eggs
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/8 tsp. salt
  • 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 300° and grease a 10-inch Bunt pan.
  2. Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well.
  3. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until combined.
  4. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition.
  5. Stir in vanilla. Pour batter into pan.
  6. Bake for 1 hour 40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10-15 min; remove from pan and let cool completely. Enjoy!
Powered by Recipage


 Original Source: Southern Living October 2007



logos

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly, it's Joni from Vidalia ;-) I'm enjoying your cooking blog-- everything looks so yummy! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete