Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Turtle Cheesecake



This is one my proudest accomplishments, like ever. I have been trying out all kinds of recipes and different things to cook so I thought I would try making a cheesecake. My husband helped make this possible by getting me a spring form pan for Christmas! Thanks Bradley! I had found a few cheesecake recipes that looked good but complicated, too much so for a first cheesecake. Then one day I came across this recipe and fell in love. One, it is simple and two, turtle is my husband's favorite!! I found it from none other than The Girl Who Ate Everything. She has the best recipes on  her blog! They always come out fantastic! I did modify a few things, but nothing major. 


One other thing. I was pretty nervous to make this recipe because as many people may know my mother-in-law is the queen of cheesecake making, she makes them perfect every time! And turtle cheesecake is a specialty of hers. So I was not wanting to compete with or compare to that fantastic cooking. But guess what? I rocked it...this recipe is perfect and it tasted wonderful! Hope you enjoy making, and eating, this as much as I did!

Layering the chocolate and white fillings

Swirling the layers.



Turtle Cheesecake

by Kelly Brown
Ingredients
  • 1 3/4 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (approx. 12 crackers crushed)
  • 6 Tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
  • 3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 3 large eggs
  • 3 Tablespoons lime juice
  • 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips (if you want it less sweet, use semi-sweet morsels)
  • 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
  • 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate mini morsels
  • Caramel flavored syrup (I used Smucker's sundae syrup)
  • Chocolate flavored syrup (I used Smucker's sundae syrup)
Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 300°F, and grease a 9-inch spring form pan.
2. Combine crumbs and butter in medium bowl. Press onto bottom and 1 inch up side of prepared pan.
3. Beat cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk in large mixer bowl until smooth. Add sugar, eggs, lime juice, and vanilla extract; beat until combined.
4. Set aside 1 cup of filling. Melt chocolate chips for about 1 minute, (just until melted) and mix completely with 1-cup reserved filling.
5. Pour 1/2 of the white filling into crust, then the chocolate filling, then the remaining amount of white filling. Gently swirl with a knife.
6. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until edge is set and center moves slightly. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; run knife around edge of cheesecake. Cool completely.
7. Drizzle chocolate and caramel syrups over cheesecake. Sprinkle with pecans and mini morsels. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Remove the spring form sides of pan, serve and enjoy!
Powered by Recipage


Source: Adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the kind words! Your cheesecake looks not only delicious, but very appealing to the eye! So proud of you ! XOXO

    ReplyDelete