Saturday, January 19, 2013

Cake Batter Krispie Treats




In case you guys didn't know, I really, really love baking desserts! Oh and eating them, of course, who doesn't!? 

Last night I really wanted to make something and I had the ingredients for these yummy Krispie treats I was just waiting to make them. I had promised Bradley I would only make one dessert a week, because we wind up eating it all and honestly I can't afford to buy the ingredients for baking all the time. So I simply stated to my husband that I REALLY wanted to bake something and he said make whatever it is I bought the ingredients for the other day! So i did!  :) 

I almost always forget one ingredient when I go hopping or make a list and this time it was sprinkles! Now I am not a huge fan of those bright colored sprinkles, ya know, the ones kids cover their ice cream in? It may have something to do with the fact that I may or may not have covered my ice cream with those sprinkles to the point that I got ridiculously sick of them and haven't been a huge fan since. That MAY have happened. ;)

Anyway I decided to use some sugar sprinkles (which I LOVE) and I had a lot of pink ones so thats how these became an early Valentine's day treat! :) 

These Krispie Treats are so yummy! They have a wonderful flavor of cake in them! I love them and it's easy to make! I got the idea from....yes Pinterest and just tweaked it a bit. I think that next time I will use more cake mix though to give it even more flavor!




Ingredients:

4 Tbs. butter
1 (10 oz.) bag mini marshmallows
1/2 cup DRY yellow cake mix
5 cups crispy rice cereal
sprinkles (whichever ones you prefer)

Instructions:
  1. Melt butter in large pan over low heat, then add marshmallows.
  2. Stir until they begin to melt then add cake mix, stir until combined.
  3. Add cereal and stir until evenly coated. Press into a greased baking pan (I used an 8x11 so mine would be thicker) and sprinkle away! Let them sit for about 30 minutes then cut them and enjoy this cake flavored twist in a yummy treat!



No comments:

Post a Comment