Thursday, January 24, 2013

Strawberries & Cream Pound Cake




I was cleaning up my blog last night and rewriting some recipes. I finished my cream cheese pound cake recipe and realized that I had, once again, ALMOST everything for that recipe. I was short one stick of butter (it called for 3 sticks....yikes!). I figured I would just wait and make it some other time, but then I started looking and found something amazing! 
One I came across this Strawberries and Cream Bundt Cake recipe, and thought it was so cute! It just made me want more pound cake (as I and my southern family call it). Then I realized that I probably could find a recipe with one less stick of butter....and I did! It came from my trustworthy Kraft Food & Family magazine! It was given to me and it's from 2007, but everything I have ever made from it is wonderful! 
I really loved making this cake. I took the time to sift my flour, baking powder, and salt together, which I don't usually do. I just found the batter wonderfully light and fluffy! When I beat the butter and sugar together it went from a thick buttery color to a pale yellow fluffy mixture. The most amazing part was adding the 6....yes SIX eggs, one at a time. With each egg the batter got fluffier! It was almost like whipped cream! Loved it! Anyway, hope you have fun making and eating wonderful creation of mine!

Strawberries & Cream Pound Cake

by Kelly Brown
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yields: 12 slices

Ingredients 
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 6 eggs
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 Tbs. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 pkg. (3 oz.) strawberry flavored gelatin (3 oz.)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl, set aside.
  2. Beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed 1 min. Gradually add sugar, beating well after each addition. Beat an additional 5 minutes, or until very light and fluffy.
  3. Add cream cheese and vanilla, beat 1 min. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
  4. Gradually add flour, baking powder, and salt to butter mixture combining well after each addition. Beat until well blended.
  5. Pour 1/2-3/4 of batter into a greased and floured (I just use Baker's Joy Nonstick Spray with Flour) 12- cup fluted or 10-inch tube pan. Mix unprepared gelatin with remaining batter until blended. Pour remaining gelatin-flavored batter on top of white batter.
  6. Bake 1 hour. Cool for at least 10 minutes. Loosen sides with a spatula or knife and gently remove the cake. Cool completely

Powered by Recipage


2 comments: