Well as some of you may know I had a surgery last weekend to remove my gall bladder. It was not planned, I went into the hospital with the worse attack I've ever had only to find out my gall bladder was inflamed and needed to be removed! I was freaking out because I have never had any type of surgery! I now respect anyone has ever had any type of surgery. Wow! I was hurting for a whole week after. I still have pains every once in a while but I'm glad to be back baking some goodies!!
So I have been dying to make these ever since I found the recipe on Shugary Sweets! She is awesome! Oh and let me warn you, these are NOT healthy, like at all! But they are so yummy! I loved them and will definitely be making them again! Hope you enjoy!
Oatmeal Cream Pies
- 1 cup butter flavored Crisco (or margarine)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup quick oats
- 2 tsp very hot water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 (7 oz) jars of Marshmallow Fluff
- 3/4 cup of butter flavored Crisco
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
InstructionsFor the Cookies:
- In large bowl, beat margarine, brown sugar, granulated sugar, molasses, vanilla and eggs.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Mix in the oats.
- Drop 1 tablespoon at a time onto non stick cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes in a 350° oven, until just starting to brown around the edges.
- After cookies have cooled, combine hot water with salt and mix until salt is dissolved.
- In large bowl, beat marshmallow fluff with Crisco, powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat on high until fluffy.
- Add in salt water and mix until well combined. Spread filling on one cookie and press second cookie on top. Enjoy!
Powered by Recipage