Monday, February 18, 2013

Oatmeal Cream Pies



Well as some of you may know I had a surgery last weekend to remove my gall bladder. It was not planned, I went into the hospital with the worse attack I've ever had only to find out my gall bladder was inflamed and needed to be removed! I was freaking out because I have never had any type of surgery! I now respect anyone has ever had any type of surgery. Wow! I was hurting for a whole week after. I still have pains every once in a while but I'm glad to be back baking some goodies!!
So I have been dying to make these ever since I found the recipe on Shugary Sweets! She is awesome! Oh and let me warn you, these are NOT healthy, like at all! But they are so yummy! I loved them and will definitely be making them again! Hope you enjoy!


Oatmeal Cream Pies
by Kelly Brown
Yields: 24 sandwich cookies

Ingredients
    For the Cookies
    • 1 cup butter flavored Crisco (or margarine)
    • 3/4 cup brown sugar
    • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
    • 1 Tbsp molasses
    • 1 tsp vanilla extract
    • 2 eggs
    • 1 1/2 cup flour
    • 1/2 tsp salt
    • 1 tsp baking soda
    • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
    • 1 1/2 cup quick oats
    For the Filling
    • 2 tsp very hot water
    • 1/4 tsp salt
    • 1 1/2 (7 oz) jars of Marshmallow Fluff
    • 3/4 cup of butter flavored Crisco
    • 2/3 cup powdered sugar
    • 1 tsp vanilla
    Instructions
    For the Cookies:
    1. In large bowl, beat margarine, brown sugar, granulated sugar, molasses, vanilla and eggs.
    2. Add flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
    3. Mix in the oats.
    4. Drop 1 tablespoon at a time onto non stick cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes in a 350° oven, until just starting to brown around the edges.
    For the Frosting
    1. After cookies have cooled, combine hot water with salt and mix until salt is dissolved.
    2. In large bowl, beat marshmallow fluff with Crisco, powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat on high until fluffy.
    3. Add in salt water and mix until well combined. Spread filling on one cookie and press second cookie on top. Enjoy!
    Powered by Recipage



    No comments:

    Post a Comment